A very satisfying aroma rich creamy blackened salmon salad, with a creamy homemade gingery dressing! Crunchy, creamy, hearty, sweet salad with juicy salmon.
I don’t know about you but I have those days where I want to eat something healthyisshh but don’t want to sacrifice too much for it. Well this salad is for those days! This creamy blackened salad is perfect union of flavors and goodness of great ingredients.
I always want something creamy with my salmon recipes. Creamy sauce or dressing with juicy salmon is my dream kind of meal. Salmon is not a fish I ate when I was growing up. But man! I loved salmon with my first bite. Perfect fish in my humble opinion. When not over cooked salmon is so juicy and has an addicting fish oil rich flavor. Hence I decided to pair it with a creamy dressing like the one here and soft boiled sweet potatoes with delicious roasted sunflower seeds.
My favorite part of this recipe is that the entire rooms fills up with the aromas of blackened seasoning. I made this for my wife who needs more than just fresh veggies in her salads. She needs a compelling reason like “blackened salmon” to come near any salads! So this recipe is perfect for her. Happy wife, happy life! But I have to admit I usually start eating this salmon from the pan! The smell of spices in the air and perfectly browned salmon are so inviting. Look at this picture!?
The homemade blackened seasoning used here is not overpowering. It is subtly spicy and flavorful. The deep rich colors of freshly made homemade blackening seasoning is perfect. Making this spice blend in a mortar and pestle, takes me back to my childhood days where I used to make spice mixes with my grandmother.
So if you are looking for a great creamy blackened salmon salad which is :
- Crunchy – sweet peppers, onions and roasted sunflower seeds.
- Satisfying combo of hearty carbs and creamy dressing – sweet potatoes and our delicious dressing. For the recipe for the dressing please visit this link. Our own easy mayonnaise based gingery fresh salad dressing!
- Umami rich olives with artichoke hearts and rich green salad leaves.
Then this creamy blackened salmon salad is for you! But of you would like another creamy salad from our site, try this crunchy shrimp avocado salad.
Or try our delicious fudgiest brownies ever!
Please leave a comment if you enjoyed this delicious salad as we did!
Creamy Blackened Salmon Salad
For the blackened seasoning
- 2 Tbsp Paprika
- 2 Tsp Black pepper
- 1 Tsp Thyme
- 1 Tsp Basil
- 1 Tsp Oregano
- 1 Tsp Garlic powder
- 1 Tsp Onion powder
- 1/4 Tsp Cayenne powder
For making the salad
- 2 Handfulls of salad leaves of your choice.
- 2 4oz salmon pieces.
- 2-3 Tbsp Extra virgin olive oil or coconut oil
- 1 large sweet potatoe boiled, peeled, cut into sticks or fingers.
- 4 small sweet pepers cut into sticks or juliennes.
- 1 Tbsp Sunflower seeds (preferrably roasted).
- 1 Tbps Olives (any kind)
- 1/4 Cup Red onion sliced.
- 2 Sliced pickled artchoke hearts.
- 1/2 Tsp Freshly ground black pepper.
- Salt to taste.
For the salad dressing:
We are using our own delicious salad creamy mayonnaise based salad dressing for this recipe! Please refer to this recipe! https://www.delishbuzz.com/easiest-mayonnaise-salad-dressing/
For making blackened seasoning:
Blend all the herbs and spices together in a regular blender or a mortar pestle. (See notes) You will have plenty of seasoning left. Believe me you will need it. Because you will be making this often! 🙂
For making the salmon
Heat the olive oil in a non-stick pan on medium-high heat. Wash and pat the salmon pieces dry. Then coat the salmon with the blackened seasoning and salt. Pan fry the salmon 3-4 minutes on each side (depending on how thick is your salmon). Remove it from the pan and let the salmon rest, let the juice run through and it will continue to cook. Resulting in a juicier salmon.
Assembling the salad
Mix all rest of the ingredients together. Place your salmon on your salad and pour on the delicious dressing.
- For the blackened seasoning - It is best to make it fresh and use immediately. Even if the spices are ground, milling it in a mortar and pestle will bring out the aromas and flavors in a hurry. We usually grind the spices with some salt which gives the coarse consistency to bring out all the flavors or just use a blender and give it a pulse.
- For the salad dressing please visit this recipe .