Fudgiest homemade chocolate brownies !! Simple easy brownie recipe but addicting outcome! High cocoa ratio in this recipe results in chewiest fudgiest brownies ever.
Who doesn’t like a finger licking good, gooey fudgy brownie experience right? Well, my kid doesn’t! At least not yet! Whereas her parents, we, are die hard chocoholics! But I am serious when I say these are the best moist brownie recipe!
Choosing a favorite brownie is like choosing a favorite pizza. Everyone has a favorite kind of brownie it is either fudgy or cakey with or without nuts. I love both kinds. But I lean toward fudgy types! Here is my own version of fudgy homemade chocolate brownies! After, what seemed like tens of thousand brownie making attempts, I ended up loving these homemade chewy fudgy chocolate brownies.
Somethings to note about this recipe:
- I promise you won’t try another store bought brownie from a box after trying these!
- I highly recommend using a hand mixer for this recipe. This brownie batter is pretty thick and it is very important to aerate it after the addition of eggs.
- Unlike other recipes, you don’t need to use a double boiler in this recipe. These are homemade chewy fudgy brownies with cocoa powder. Yay! Yes, this is one of the easiest brownies recipe ever!
- In a scale of 1-10 of fudginess and chewiness, these brownies are 10 in my book. But you want even more fudginess (more than what it is now), take out the baking pan half way through the baking and gently tap on your kitchen counter. Then put it back in the oven and finish baking. This method inflate your brownies and makes it FUDGIER!
- If you want the fudgiest brownies you can STOP BAKING AT 30min. Brownie will be cooked and it will be a very soft ever so fudgy brownie!
- If you want a brownie that is CHEWY AND FUDGY brownie then bake this for 45min (We prefer this version).
- Adding a tiny bit of espresso powder in the batter will in fact enhance the flavors of chocolate even more!
- Feel free to add nuts to this recipe if you would like that. I omitted that just to keep these fudgy fudgy!.
- The best part of this brownie is how easy it is to make. In fact, prep time is literally ten minutes or less.
Some factors that help with fudginess and chewiness of a brownie:
- The high fat vs cocoa vs sugar in these brownies are intentional. The more cocoa the better. Usually double the amount of flour or more in a recipe works wonders.
- Sugar adds the chewiness to the fudgy brownies.
- 325F is the holy grail of temperature in cooking perfectly fudgy brownies.
- You must experiment with your oven. Not to mention that uneven hot spots in ovens can cause varying results.
I am sure that you will have a high intensity fudgy, chocolaty experience after trying these homemade chocolate brownies. Have fun with this fudgy brownie recipe.
After you checkout these brownies, take a moment to enjoy our colorful strawberry pizza.
Easy Fudgy Homemade Chocolate Brownies
- 3/4 Cup Regular cocoa (Not dutch processed.)
- 9 Tbsp Butter melted on low heat (See notes.)
- 1 1/2 Cups Sugar
- 2 Eggs (large)
- 1/3 Cup Flour
- 1 Tsp Espresso powder (Optional)
- 1 Tsp Vanilla essence.
- 1/4 Tsp Salt
To make the brownies
Preheat the oven at 325F. And grease a 8inch square baking pan and set aside.
Melt the butter in a 2-quart sauce pan or something similar on LOW heat. Let the butter melt slowly. Note: Melting butter on low heat helps you to get to work soon after you melt it. Melted butter that's too hot will cook the egg and it won't be a good brownie plus it takes too long to cool the butter.
Transfer the butter to a medium sized bowl. Add cocoa and sugar to melted butter. Mix thoroughly with hand mixer.
Add eggs, vanilla essence and mix well with a hand mixer for at least 2-3 mins or just mix the heck out of it! 🙂 Since we are not using any leavening agents here, it is important to aerate the batter.
Fold in the flour, espresso powder (if you are using it) and salt. Mix JUST till everything is combined without leaving any white streaks. Do not over mix after the addition of flour and other dry ingredients.
Using a spatula wipe the batter into a 8inch x 8inch pan (oiled and lined with parchment paper. ) and level the top with the spatula.
Brownies are done when the center of the brownies is set and does not jiggle. You can stop at 30mins if you want a very soft and fudgy brownie. We baked it for 45 mins and it was so chewy and fudgy! I prefer a chewy, fudgy version! Unlike a cake, when these brownie are cooked, a knife or toothpick inserted will not come out completely clean. This just mean that brownies are extra fudgy.
- Regular cocoa powder works the best here. Do not use dutch processed types.
- Mixing and aerating is very important for this batter. Make sure to use a hand mixer for a successful brownie experience.
- Unlike a cake, when the brownies are done a knife inserted might not come out clean completely. It is simply because the brownies are EXTRA fudgy.