A robust Greek pizza, full of fresh crispy flavors. Satisfying naan bread pizza with perfectly melted cheeses. Perfect meal for a busy day. Prepped and ready to eat in minutes.
Whenever I am feeling so tired after a hectic day with my kiddo, I reach for the easiest meals possible. Like this recipe!. Naan bread Greek style pizza. The prep work is easy and flavors are fresh. Uplifting! Spiritually and physically! No kidding! I am serious guys! Food is medicine for my body and soul! And pizza is the secret potion! Though I am a lazy cook most of the time, especially after our baby’s arrival, I still try to have delicious meals at home. Otherwise I will be craving restaurant food often, which usually gets pretty expensive! We are truly trying to cut unnecessary expenses in this household.
Ingredients here are simple but when they come together in anything (like pizza, salad or a sandwich), it is an incredibly fresh food combination.
- Feta cheese
- Green peppers
- Cream cheese and mozzarella.
This version of our naan bread pizza is even easier than the our previous version! Though that one is my husband’s favorite! Naan bread white pizza.
This easy naan bread pizza can be made in a toaster oven also but reduce the temperature to 375F. This quick pizzas are very forgiving but make sure any topping you use does not have high moisture content. This will turn your pizza into a soggy mess. Also try not to use pre-shredded cheese, they have a anti-caking agent and won’t melt as much as a block cheese.
Greek Style Naan Bread Pizza Recipe - II
- 2 Tbsp Cream cheese (softened with a spoon).
- 1/4 Cup Feta cheese
- 1/4 Cup Mozzarella
- 3-4 Tbsp Olives
- 1/2 Green pepper thinly sliced
- 3-4 Slices of a large tomato.
- 4-5 Slices of small red onion.
- 1 Naan (Flavored naan is preferred but plain naan will work fine as well).
- 1 Tbsp Olive oil or any other mild flavored oil.
- 2-4 Slices of prosciutto - for garnish (optional)
For The Basil Butter
- 1 Tbsp Butter
- 1/2 Tsp Basil(Fresh or dry)
- Salt for taste
Assembling The Pizza
Preheat the oven at 400F.
Then make the basil butter by melting the butter on medium heat in a small sauce pan and adding the herb. Wait till you smell the basil in the oil and set it aside to cool.
Saute green pepper, onion in a frying pan in a table spoon of oil for two minutes and add tomatoes. Cover it, turn off the stove and remove it from heat. This step is optional. We do this since the cooking time of flatbread pizzas are very short and this additional step makes sure that veggies cooked but still crispy.
Spread cream cheese on the naan and drizzle basil butter. Arrange veggies on the naan. Sprinkle feta cheese on, add olives and sliced onions. Then add mozzarella cheese.
Brush the edges of naan with basil butter and bake for 8-10mins or until cheeses are melted. Naan bread pizza is ready! 🙂
- When you bake these naan bread pizzas, keep a eye on them especially after 8mins into the baking time. Ovens are different and some have uneven temperatures like mine!
- You can add or omit toppings from this recipe. Just watch for moisture content of toppings. Naans are thin and you might end up with soggy pizza.
- We made these in toaster ovens, they turned out to be fine. Make sure to lower the temperature in toaster ovens (350F - 375F).